AMT Power capacity specs? and new 10" drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AMT Power capacity specs? and new 10" drivers

As a newbie I'm still learning quite a bit from the forums here. I have a pair of older Air motion transformers that are part of a system with no fuse protection. My question is what the power capacity of the Heil tweeters is typically. Should I be safe and install a 2 or 2.5 amp fuse or is it ok to use a 3 amp? Any input would be great.

As a side note, I'm also looking to replace the 10" woofers in the system. They are not original. After reading the posts here it seems the issue is with crossover. The crossover I now have I can set to 2K or 2.5K. If there is a recomendation anyone may have for a 1.27 cubic/ft cabinet it would be appreciated.

Re: AMT Power capacity specs? and new 10" drivers

Urloony said:
As a newbie I'm still learning quite a bit from the forums here. I have a pair of older Air motion transformers that are part of a system with no fuse protection. My question is what the power capacity of the Heil tweeters is typically. Should I be safe and install a 2 or 2.5 amp fuse or is it ok to use a 3 amp? Any input would be great.

As a side note, I'm also looking to replace the 10" woofers in the system. They are not original. After reading the posts here it seems the issue is with crossover. The crossover I now have I can set to 2K or 2.5K. If there is a recomendation anyone may have for a 1.27 cubic/ft cabinet it would be appreciated.

Which model AMT's are they???

If they are the large Heil AMT1's with newer design
diaphragms, get a pair of Altec 414C 12" with Alnico magnet.

I just got this combo happening and they are superb together.

Cheers,

Terry

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.