Janszen Z-410 sound issues

Here is a better schematic that follows what I think to be a Janszen wiring diagram format. You were correct, the top diodes were backwards. Ha! It is difficult to identify which way they go since I am looking at component parts mirror imaged from the wiring trace on the back both left to right and also the similar left side parts to right side parts. A double whammy for me.

Peter

Attachments

• 14AFD56D-ECC3-4AC0-BC75-4F37CF7545AD.jpg
    14AFD56D-ECC3-4AC0-BC75-4F37CF7545AD.jpg
    775.8 KB · Views: 120
Thanks for the additional board pic. Your schematic now looks correct. :up:

...In a note on his website, young Janszen mentioned the factory wiring diagrams got the polarity defined incorrectly.
You can see an example of the polarity error contained in some of the factory diagrams. The orientation of the diode would produce +1100V, not -1100V.
Either the diode orientation is incorrect or the voltage label is incorrect...I'm not sure which.

Attachments

• janszen_130_electrostatic_tweeters_after_sn_5760.png
    janszen_130_electrostatic_tweeters_after_sn_5760.png
    899.5 KB · Views: 152
I installed a 2kHz low pass filter on both speakers since the new 10” woofers seemed to go to 5kHz; however, someone on another forum said to run the speakers for some time to “burn in” the capacitors on the crossovers. I’m doing that now.

I also added a second set of speaker terminals for the woofers so I can swap the woofer polarity (phase) quickly by just reversing the banana plugs.

We shall see how it goes (or hear),
Peter