Taking a MANGER MSW apart

Recently bought a pair of broken Manger MSW's and before I send them off to Manger to get them refurbished I thought it would be nice to take it apart.

First took the starformed damping off, then the complete membrane, underneath it was another damping, slightly thinner.
The membrane is made of 3 layers, 2 thin one's and a thicker one.

Do understand why it's costly to make such drivers.

Attachments

• IMG_8075.jpg
    IMG_8075.jpg
    758.6 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_8076.jpg
    IMG_8076.jpg
    887.4 KB · Views: 737
  • IMG_8077.jpg
    IMG_8077.jpg
    759.1 KB · Views: 720
  • IMG_8078.jpg
    IMG_8078.jpg
    764.1 KB · Views: 710
  • IMG_8079.jpg
    IMG_8079.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 766
  • IMG_8080.jpg
    IMG_8080.jpg
    737.4 KB · Views: 421
  • IMG_8081.jpg
    IMG_8081.jpg
    707.4 KB · Views: 382
  • IMG_8082.jpg
    IMG_8082.jpg
    777.1 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_8083.jpg
    IMG_8083.jpg
    827.6 KB · Views: 357
The most overrated transducer ever? Cannot reproduce any dumb sinewave correctly? Not used in any reputeable studio monitor worldwide?

Must be one of these wunderwaffen inventions from germoney .. they always fail to convince completely thats why they have lost two of the biggest wars ever ... oh wait sounds so familiar to me!

Go here to freak out : Projekt Mango

Last edited:
I have read pretty much anything about Manger the last 6 days, thanks for warning me, but I will proceed to build a system with those.
First I will use them at home and, if I am convinced they are that good in the time domain, I will demo them to my buddy who runs a studio.
If not, I will sell them, for me it is an experiment, costly yes, but nothing comes for free in life.

Kind regards,

Willem.

Lesen Sie dies sorgfältig durch.
Manager MSW

Hi, a lot is done wrong with the Manger MSW. For example, someone completely filled the housing of the MSW with sheep's wool, and some time later they found a much better broadband loudspeaker. No wonder, very good attenuation is a prerequisite for good sound.
The Manger link speaks of a smeared sound. something like that is incomprehensible to me. What I have to confirm is that the manager only sounds really good at the listening position.
My Zerobox with three MSW each had the following insulation materials.
Convoluted foam, Manger 40
Manger tough foam 20
Bofoam
regards

The most overrated transducer ever? Cannot reproduce any dumb sinewave correctly? Not used in any reputeable studio monitor worldwide?

Must be one of these wunderwaffen inventions from germoney .. they always fail to convince completely thats why they have lost two of the biggest wars ever ... oh wait sounds so familiar to me!

Go here to freak out : Projekt Mango

I feel a kind of bitterness in your response, why?
Pro and cons are always welcome but this comment has no usefull information for me.

Thanks but no thanks.

Willem.