Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Panel trajectory
Panel trajectory
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd November 2020, 09:26 PM   #21
Discopete is offline Discopete  Canada
diyAudio Member

Panel trajectory
That looks like a serious upgrade tyu, (I will be modifying my Monitor 3 forthwith) but my op topic is the strange effect I'm currently experiencing in my particular listening space. I would love to hear your take on it but you'll have to read my prior posts

Hey, I just checked my Model 3s. They're already set up like that with panels on the front....swaperoo with the OTLs

Last edited by Discopete; 23rd November 2020 at 09:34 PM.
Old 23rd November 2020, 10:28 PM   #22
tyu is offline tyu  United States
diyAudio Member

Disco....the sound, image you are geting an likeing....has a lot to do with the panels mounted to the back of the wood.....an as you know an have made the point the servo tube otls....give almost from what i hear... 60% more output,an maybe 100% better sound,diff,biger,sweeter wider stageing......than the 121 or any stepup transfourer type interfaces.

Back in the 80s when i had my X,s with the servos tube otls...an i spoke to jim about the otls....Jim told me to get some mk 121 interfaces.....he had move away from otls because.... the tubes were not made any more....an the high voltage in the otl amp could kill you!....just one good shock to one guy could bankrup Acoustat

It never was that Jim did know how good the otl amps sounded
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:23 PM   #23
Discopete is offline Discopete  Canada
diyAudio Member

Panel trajectory
Well, now I have something significant to experiment with. It's a quick swap. I can hardly wait to compare them.
Old 24th November 2020, 12:06 AM   #24
tyu is offline tyu  United States
diyAudio Member

Keep up the good work....i wish i could get the top end i get out of my CLSs with any Acoustats
  Reply to this post

Panel trajectoryHide this!Advertise here!