Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

May be a long shot identifying a speaker
May be a long shot identifying a speaker
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th July 2020, 08:07 PM   #1
PapaZBill is offline PapaZBill  United States
diyAudio Member

Default May be a long shot identifying a speaker

Hello all,

I have been looking for a pair of speakers I saw at a friend of a friends apartment back in the early 80's. I don't recall the brand, but they were high end and the owner was a Marine stationed at an embassy somewhere in Japan? and purchased them at the PX or a local business.

They where about 4.5 or 5 feet tall pyramid shape dark wood or plastic cabinets topped with a plasma tweeter in a clear plastic or Plexiglas enclosure that was shaped to complete the pyramid.

My memory may be a bit off but the uniqueness in shape and design is hard not to remember. Surely someone in this group may recall something similar to my description. If this sounds even slightly familiar I would be grateful for a brand name and or model, pictures or whatever you may recall.

Thanks,
Bill

Arthur C. Clarke
Old 4th July 2020, 09:46 PM   #2
mattstat is offline mattstat  United States
diyAudio Member

The Magnat Magnasphere Beta looks right going by overall shape, but no acrylic pyramid on top. And while Magnat made a plasma tweeter, it doesn't look like these used one.

Steve's - Magnat Magnasphere Beta dynamic speaker
Old 4th July 2020, 10:37 PM   #3
abanico is offline abanico  Spain
diyAudio Member

DICK SEQUERRA ,pyramid speakers with ribbon tweeter on top a very good and expensive unit from 80's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1090151.jpg (238.4 KB, 114 views)
  Reply to this post

May be a long shot identifying a speakerHide this!Advertise here!