QUAD 57 panels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of these speakers in excellent condition (externally at least). They have been stored In a closet in my air conditioned house for about 5 years. I plugged one in today. I let it charge for an hour or so. Using QUAD 405 amp. Speaker plays but much bass output. How long would one expect the panels to fully charge so I can determine if they work well or not? Very wet and humid today although speakers in air conditioned house if that makes a difference.

Thanks

you could look at my ancient Quad rebuilding book, it shows pictures of how they go in and out. But basically it's like this:

Remove the rear grille by loosening all the wood screws around the perimeter and lifting it backwards away from the speaker.

Under the speaker remove the four BA4 nut and bolt assemblies holding the power supply tot he base of the frame. The power supply can now slide backward away from the bass panel and off the frame.

Unsolder the three wires from the rectifier block, and your power supply is free.

Sheldon

Wonky Quad

I am using a quad 405 amp to test these speakers

I swapped the output channels and both speakers seem to work fine

Less bass output out of one channel of the amp seems to be the issue

That seems odd to me as usually amps work or don’t. This is just based on my experience and not of an electronics knowledge whatsoever as I have minimal to none.

Any comments appreciated

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.