AudioStatic ES-100 power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I just bought a second hand AudioStatic ES-100 print. It has 2 wires for power supply connection, but I'm not sure what voltage to connect. Can I connect it straight to the mains (220V, Europe), or is it a lower voltage like 12 V? When watching photos, I see just a wire from the rear of the ES-100, but I've read about 120 / 12 V power supplies for the ES-100 on this forum. I wasn't able to find a schematic of the ES-100, only for the ES-100, where a 9V voltage input is printed.

Kind regards, Jeroen

I just bought a second hand AudioStatic ES-100 print. It has 2 wires for power supply connection, but I'm not sure what voltage to connect. Can I connect it straight to the mains (220V, Europe), or is it a lower voltage like 12 V? When watching photos, I see just a wire from the rear of the ES-100, but I've read about 120 / 12 V power supplies for the ES-100 on this forum.
The ES-100s sold in the US that I have worked on all used an external 12vac wall plugpower supply. This was stepped up internally with a small transformer glued to the frame near the PCboard, before passing the voltage to the HV multiplier.

At least some of the ES-100 sold in Europe use a direct connection to the 230vac mains power.

I am not sure if the different methods is because of safety regulations, or simply because US uses 115Vac mains, and this would not work with direct connection to HV multiplier. There was a recent thread where another diyAudio member decided he wanted to add an isolation transformer between mains connection and the HV multiplier.
Audiostatic esh50 renovation project

Attachments

• Audiostatic_ES-100_Voltage_US.png
    Audiostatic_ES-100_Voltage_US.png
    942 KB · Views: 155
  • Audiostatic_ES-100_Voltage_EU.png
    Audiostatic_ES-100_Voltage_EU.png
    598.1 KB · Views: 163
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.