Rubber magnet Midrange Planar magnetic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
some of the measurements used in the last video

Attachments

• SPL 1 meter FR.jpg
    SPL 1 meter FR.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 382
  • DISTORTION 285 SINGLE.jpg
    DISTORTION 285 SINGLE.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 387
  • DISTORTION 285 PP.jpg
    DISTORTION 285 PP.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 379
  • distortion max SINgle.jpg
    distortion max SINgle.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 368
  • distortion max pushpull.jpg
    distortion max pushpull.jpg
    238.1 KB · Views: 380
  • waterfall PP 2.85 volt.jpg
    waterfall PP 2.85 volt.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 95
i think a slightly higher tension would be needed, in order to get a smother roll-off at maybe 300 Hz. A higher tension use to be good for higher frequencies too. Just a thought.

By the way, was in Delft last weekend! A very fast visit to clear my sons flat, now more TU Delft for him. It is all online since 5 weeks. A bit scary with the empty streets in the Netherlands and even more so in Germany.

Is it possible to make full ranges? Or you would need like say 2-3 panel to handle low, mid and high?..

Sorry if this question seems silly. Quite inspired by the videos you have made, Joppe. Good job!

Looking to embark on perhaps making one of these. Full range would be nice as space is not a concern. Would probably see what available materials I have here and see what's the best I can do. Just for the fun of it and experiment :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.