Paper Sandwich ribbon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First step in 120*3cm ribbon. The ribbon is made of 4my aluminium with glued 20 my capacitor paper on both sides. This done so it only needs very little corugation, and to prevent it from bendig as it heats up. The metal is 1*4 cm and magnets 1*1*15cm

Attachments

• IMG_20200406_230514.jpg
    IMG_20200406_230514.jpg
    464.1 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:
Thanks Bernt. Don't now how it sounds have made what is seen :). I think the foil is from Jensen capacitors. Dont remember got the roll some 20 years ago. My plan is to make the ribbon as simple as possible crossed over to 4 6-7 inch midranges and a AE 18'' .

Last edited:
First step in 120*3cm ribbon. The ribbon is made of 4my aluminium with glued 20 my capacitor paper on both sides. This done so it only needs very little corugation, and to prevent it from bendig as it heats up. The metal is 1*4 cm and magnets 1*1*15cm

where did you got 4 My alu !!! i wonder :) i was looking for it like 1000 years ! nice project ! by the way ill gone watch diyaudio some more, i miss all the guys that are making cool s tuf themselfs !

Hej WrineX
The magnets are N35 still powerfull :). The hard part wil be to assempel the 2 sides without loosing any fingers. The alu foil is from Steen Duelund the founder of Duelund coherent audio. Think he got it from Jensen capacitors they produce their base to coils and capacitors. But he has dead 10 years now

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.