Martin Logan Aerius.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am repairing a pair of Martin Logan Aerius. On both the electrostatic panels do not work. I have tested the HV generator, which is working. The panels have failed after a thunderstorm. capacity should I read between stators and mylar film? If anyone can give me a hand, I would be very grateful.

It is precisely for this reason, that I cannot find the solution. The generator H.V. is working.They are about 3KV. The LED is on. The triac is good. The diodes on the multiplier are good. The signal reaches the coupling transformer. Measuring with a capacitance between the stators and the mylar membrane, the value is 229pF .
If you have any other suggestions I could give, I would be grateful

...The generator H.V. is working.They are about 3KV...
Where did you measure the 3kV at?
It is not unheard of for one of the 15M bias resistors to go open.
I would try temporarily bypassing R21-R26 with jumper clips and see if that brings them to life.

BTW, 3kV seems a bit high..should be closer to 2.4kV. If your measurement is accurate, you might want to investigate if one or more of the Zener diodes in the regulator string got "popped" as well. Measure the AC voltage at the output of the bias transformer. It should measure about 250VAC with DVM if the regulation is working.
See attachment here: martin logan aerius --no sound from esl section

Attachments

• SL3_Bias_schematic.png
    SL3_Bias_schematic.png
    102.6 KB · Views: 162
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.