Expolinear planar

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have experience with these? I want to get a pair of the MD-2000s for a project I am working on however I never heard these drivers before and they are expensive so I am hesitant to pull the trigger and potentially be disappointed. I am looking for a high end large planar to be paired a line array of RAAL 140-15s handling the highs and possibly an aluminum cone to handle the lows. Any feedback or recommendations for a large planar is greatly appreciated.

If I order the MD-2000s they are a dipole driver, would I be better off ordering a number of the dipole 140-15s as well? The goal is to make the ribbon array the same length as the planar. If the dipole isn’t the best fit for this application, would perhaps a few of Raal's Lazy ribbons be a better choice? I have a good amount of experience with the 140-15s but no experience with the Lazy ribbon. Looking for any feedback prior to ordering the parts for this project since it will be an expensive project and I rather not waste cash on components only to swap them out due to disappointment.

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience with these? I want to get a pair of the MD-2000s for a project I am working on however I never heard these drivers before and they are expensive so I am hesitant to pull the trigger and potentially be disappointed. I am looking for a high end large planar to be paired a line array of RAAL 140-15s handling the highs and possibly an aluminum cone to handle the lows. Any feedback or recommendations for a large planar is greatly appreciated.

If I order the MD-2000s they are a dipole driver, would I be better off ordering a number of the dipole 140-15s as well? The goal is to make the ribbon array the same length as the planar. If the dipole isn’t the best fit for this application, would perhaps a few of Raal's Lazy ribbons be a better choice? I have a good amount of experience with the 140-15s but no experience with the Lazy ribbon. Looking for any feedback prior to ordering the parts for this project since it will be an expensive project and I rather not waste cash on components only to swap them out due to disappointment.

Hello, have you bought it? If yes, how it sounds?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.