Repair Audio Exklusiv P3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all gurus out there!

Recently, I found a pair of Audio Exklusiv model P3 I guess, with one side functioning in perfect condition, another much softer sounding.

Opening up the cover, found some unfamiliar items inside.
I’m quite familiar with ESL...high bias ~5000V for the diaphragm...impedance matching trans...segmentation...but can’t tell what component this is and it’s purpose. Can anyone help me out?

Attachments

• E6C20CB9-BA2F-4FA9-9398-1AEAB5FB6CB5.jpeg
    E6C20CB9-BA2F-4FA9-9398-1AEAB5FB6CB5.jpeg
    754.6 KB · Views: 140
Thanks for the pic, can definitely see wiring going to the HV board but not enough detail to determine its function. My guess would be that it is for adjusting the HV level. You would need to post clearer images of both sides of the board to trace out the circuit. Something like this:Rusty transformer metallaminations

Most likely the problem with the softer sounding speaker is loss of conductivity in the coating. To test this, you can swap the panels between the interfaces to see if the soft sound follows the panel or stays with the interface.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.