Test Animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
i gues how the air molecules create, high and low pressures when there is sound last collumn and first ofcourse :) so they are compressed and what happens in between these compressiong zones. like how they move in between. funny thing is if you stare at the first picture you can see it almost acting like sprockets. When you move the left one (he quarter wave) (where the piston is) they al move in the opposite direction etc etc .
cool :) never noticed

actually if you had a 4 rollers behind each other and you would sprinkle like stuff on it that and you would turn the first roller, you would end up with one change from going possitive to negative :) image one :)

Last edited:
ok i'll bite, what is this animation intended to illustrate?
Apologies, sorry for the confustion. I was trying to troubleshoot why the linked animation wasn't working in another thread (A pearl from the Bobfather) and somehow it got posted as a new thread...which I cannot delete. :eek:

The animation is showing the time history of particle motion and pressure along standing waves in a pipe. I had mentioned that particle velocity is maximum at pressure nodes/nulls and that this was similar to the situation at the pressure null 90 degrees off-axis from a dipole piston.

I will get a moderator to delete this thread and fix the animation link in my previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.