First trial of DML

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Drivers: Dayton Audio DAEX32U-4 Ultra 32mm Exciter 20W 4 Ohm
Part # 295-235

Amp: Dayton Audio DTA-1 Class D AC/DC Battery Powered Mini Amplifier 15 WPC
Part # 300-380

Speaker material: Cardboard with corrugations between two thin outer layers. 1/16th inch thick.

Added to: Lenovo laptop > Pioneer XDJ Aero > KRK Rokit 5's.

First trial, the DML speakers sound very nice, though as expected they have little low end. I run a 1/8th inch jack cord from the headphone out of the XDJ to the input of the Dayton DTA-1. The DML speakers sound light and crisp.

Second I bring back the pair of KRK Rokit 5's. Together the DMLs and the Rokits sound great.

Suddenly the Rockits by themselves seem to lack a defined and crisp high end.

I run Room EQ Wizard V5.19 with an UMIK mic. I run EQ for measurement, and load the filter coefficient file into Equalizer APO 1.2 Configuration Editor.

YouTube

Attachments

• DML first try.jpg
    DML first try.jpg
    821 KB · Views: 336
I am glad you are interested in DML technology and like the way your panels sound but your panels have much more potential to offer you if you follow a few of these easy beginner tips.

1. Cut off the flaps at the edges.

2. round the corners.

3. Paint the front using oil based high gloss enamel paint....only 1 coat.

I am glad you are interested in DML technology and like the way your panels sound but your panels have much more potential to offer you if you follow a few of these easy beginner tips.

1. Cut off the flaps at the edges.

2. round the corners.

3. Paint the front using oil based high gloss enamel paint....only 1 coat.

Hello,
i'm waiting for my first tectonic exciters 10W.
i would try ESP panel with vinyl glue+50% water painting, but oil based high gloss enamel paint works only for corrugated cardboard?

I use it on my high density EPS panels.....but you have to be very careful and use it very sparingly with a very light coat...Although the glue/water coat helps to protect the panels too much paint can still corrode the panels to some degree.

Also never paint or let the panels dry in the sun, it must be done in the shade as the suns light/heat seems to accelerate the acidic compounds increasing the corrosiveness.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.