Apogee Centaur Minor Hand Downs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I have been a stalker of this forum for quite some time and have read back through the dated posts.

I recently have been gifted with a pair of Apogee Centaur minors from my Dad, who now owns the Majors. The Minors have been in storage for a very long time as I recently only just moved out of living with my parents.

However, I found out recently the reason my Dad upgrading to the Majors, apart from the insane sound is the fact the left speaker the woofer cone seal has become detached. Causing a *thumby* vibrating noise when ever any volume or bass is pumped into the speakers.

Reading over the old posts I found the best way to remove the grills, which I have done with great success. Currently looking to replace the woofer and thats why I have finally joined this forum to ask, as obviously most of the helpful replies were dated back to 2008 and I do not know whats the best available replacement for the stock woofers.

Another issue I have found which has been due to storage/transportation I cant quite pin point when it happened. The ribbon on the right has half ripped across and I know its probably sacrilege to say I wont be replacing it and that my speakers are probably useless as I might as well use the standard TV sound or music player, I do not know, but as of current I do not have the funds to replace these as of yet but I will do when funds are available. I know to go for the Graz replacements in Aus, but if theres anything I can do as of the moment please let me know.

But yeah basically what replacement woofers shall I get for my Minors.

Cheers

SADBOYS

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.