Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Horns for ESLs?
Horns for ESLs?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th May 2018, 07:31 PM   #31
bolserst is offline bolserst  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discopete View Post
…If I stand up, there's not much difference. It's when I'm no longer directly in front of them that things fall apart….If I turn them up LOUD, there's no lack of anything anywhere.
Hmmmm....the first comment makes me think it is not the spectral balance that you miss in the kitchen, it is more that you miss listening in the near field where the direct sound of the loudspeakers dominants the sound coming from the room(modes and reflections). If that is that case, not sure there is much that can be done short of moving the speakers into the kitch. But your second comment makes it sound like all you have to do is turn up the volume and then you are happy in the kitchen, so am still uncertain as to what you are describing.
Old 7th May 2018, 12:40 AM   #32
Discopete is offline Discopete  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolserst View Post
Hmmmm....the first comment makes me think it is not the spectral balance that you miss in the kitchen, it is more that you miss listening in the near field where the direct sound of the loudspeakers dominants the sound coming from the room(modes and reflections). If that is that case, not sure there is much that can be done short of moving the speakers into the kitch. But your second comment makes it sound like all you have to do is turn up the volume and then you are happy in the kitchen, so am still uncertain as to what you are describing.
When I said LOUD, I meant full tilt. You're right, it's that perfect sweet spot I want everywhere. That spot is not as pronounced with dynamic drivers so more of a change when you move out of it.
Old 7th May 2018, 12:01 PM   #33
tyu is offline tyu  United States
diyAudio Member

Discopete
Your posts ...make it sound like your Shocket....really?....
This thing we all call {stereo image} we all hear ...when we set in front of 2 speakers...happens inside our head...not in the room!

You must know.....for 40 years..I have been in Audio bizz an this hobby...all other also would like to have the great sound an good image....every where ....or when thay stand up..or other rooms.....that comes from just 2 speakers...
good luck with that

Last edited by tyu; 7th May 2018 at 12:14 PM.
Old 7th May 2018, 08:57 PM   #34
Discopete is offline Discopete  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyu View Post
Discopete
Your posts ...make it sound like your Shocket....really?....
This thing we all call {stereo image} we all hear ...when we set in front of 2 speakers...happens inside our head...not in the room!

You must know.....for 40 years..I have been in Audio bizz an this hobby...all other also would like to have the great sound an good image....every where ....or when thay stand up..or other rooms.....that comes from just 2 speakers...
good luck with that
Thanks

Horns for ESLs?Hide this!Advertise here!