First attempt at bigger planar magnetic.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My first attempt in making a bigger planar. like fullrange.. surface area a little bigger then a smga but slightly less xmax.

Besides a 6 db slope on the bass panel to compensate for open baffle , it uses first order crossovers and a 5 db notch at resonance , but i could do that with just damping to. so making it passive "should" be rather easy :) ..... i hope

YouTube

Glue is 30nf 3m wire is aluminium both for tweeter and mid/bass . The magnet is rubber magnet around 50 meter of it together
Foil 12 micron Mylar

Yes I use twice the same glue. Top coat I do use diluted 30 nf with less of the solvent in it or it might release the tacked wires

Last edited:
Very cool Project.:)
I like big Panels.
Are you have any further details from your configuration and building?

Regards
Webbi

Not that much about these, i for once wanted to make them without things slowing me down so much, also i intend on maybe selling some so i am not sure what i should or not should film.. but i usually cant contain myself and dont think most of the techniques used are new, it is more that noone does it , witch surprises me the most.

here some close ups, some music and some explaining.

YouTube upload will be done in 10 min i guess

Very nicely done. They sound great on YT, which is only an aproximation of the real thing ofcourse. Your other YT video's are nice to.
If you need someone to listen to or review them ;) ; I would love to.
I'm having my first planar tweeter experiences with Daytons and I love the sound.

Well you live in den haag, so yeah your welcome to have a listen as they are. in between testing and not having a proper housing yet :) but i listened to them yesterday with some friends and well although a housing would be nice of course. they are perfectly fine as they are ,just not aesthetically :)

and i was worried about how loud they can play while the others thought i was mad. so more input is always nice.

i need to get wood from the hardware store to make a housing :( but i dont own a car/licence so..... it is either gone be several trips by bike again or wait....

or pay 2 the amount on shipping compared to the wood itself haha

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.