SLAM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I don't know why, but the 3rd harmonic box was not checked in the measurements above.

I have updated the pictures above, but you'll probably see the old ones due to web browser caching.

So here there are again.

At 25 cm:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

At 50 cm:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

At 100 cm.

3rd harmonic in the noise floor!

ah ok :) it looks really nice ! very smooth to !. i asked what kind of mic since the umik-1 has a bit higher noise floor then some others. witch could explain the 3rd harmonic going under in
the noise :) still really nice though! you can set rew to Percentage distortion, it gives and easier way of reading the distortion (at least i think so) you can change it in the settings logo on the right top corner. you probable already knew but ok.

The mid membrane is a little bit larger, so a larger folding tool is required:

IMG_1891.jpg

Out of the oven:

IMG_1893.jpg

3D printed ends makes the mounting a lot easier:

IMG_1894.jpg

I will have two of a thinner variant of the ends as support in the middle.
The distortion levels will go down and the folds will be more even.

I will probably fix the sides of the membrane towards the magnets with silicone.
But I haven't decided yet, first I must find out how it measure...

Mounting of the tweeters with back pole pieces bowed down so they are near the membrane:

IMG_1898.jpg

Time for the first listening test!
But first some basic DSP settings:

I will listen to this a couple of days before I start measuring, perhaps the individual levels needs to be adjusted.
First impressions though is that the dispersion now is good in the high frequencies and that the music fills the whole room.

So this is SLAM! in the listening room:
Left:

IMG_1899.jpg

Right:

IMG_1900.jpg

Close up left:

IMG_1901.jpg

Still have some cosmetics to take care of; the gray gaffa tape is not fun to look at.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.