Audio Pixels

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I do not think a comparison with NXT is appropriate as the technology used is completely different from what I understand.
Maybe it will not fullfill the claims made about it, but I for one will follow with great interest.
Sooner or later a new technology will arrive that will usurp all moving coil loudspeakers. Electrostatic speakers have failed and just about every other technological alternative has remained in the niche realm. This, or a derivative of it, may just be what will succeed.
Who knows?

Did you read the technological description of the transducer chips and watch the video? I am far from being an expert on this but I can envisage that when the technology is let loose on creative manufacturers a whole gamut of interesting sound producing products will emerge.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
Xmax will be limited to no more that 0.1mm. They talk about impedance matching, but that would require a horn of some sort, which you can't fit in a TV. No one appears to have heard one working after 9 years of development. Not even a prototype.

There is nothing on their technology page that suggests it works. Just a picture of a mems chip. No completed speaker, no technology demonstrators. So to me it looks to good to be true.

One things for sure, the many years of loudspeaker development has largely only shown refinement of the basic principals discovered many years ago, and claims of " many orders of magnitude better performance" without a single example of said performance seem a bit suspect.

I dont mean to speak negatively but I actually hope loudspeaker development remains an "art" and isnt reduced to nothing by some tech that lays it all waste. What would we all have to talk about ha?

I read their claims. I see a number of practical issue and some statements that sound fundamentally at odds with physics and practical sized loudspeakers. I look forward to seeing what happens here.

Last edited:
One things for sure, the many years of loudspeaker development has largely only shown refinement of the basic principals discovered many years ago, and claims of " many orders of magnitude better performance" without a single example of said performance seem a bit suspect.

I dont mean to speak negatively but I actually hope loudspeaker development remains an "art" and isnt reduced to nothing by some tech that lays it all waste. What would we all have to talk about ha?

I read their claims. I see a number of practical issue and some statements that sound fundamentally at odds with physics and practical sized loudspeakers. I look forward to seeing what happens here.

A stack of info is included in the following videos, including a bit about the physics and performance...

YouTube
YouTube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.