Apogee Stages..........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Over 20 years.....5 pr...many mods..........Wow..new feet like all my big brothers!
Big airy images...full sound stage...best bass ever....what tone.

Attachments

• s 004.JPG
    s 004.JPG
    750.6 KB · Views: 134
My Frist 2 pr of Stages from the early 1990s had A diff type foot.....the rear foot was made of one peace...an the front foot point.... was bent out of the one peace...
what was diff about this front point ...was it went under the panels....about 1/2way.....this let the speaker be setup more Vertical....almost 90 degrees....with out falling over....this setups sound.... made me fall hard... for the sound of the Stages........
But then came the stands....a after thought.... an thay started making the foot out of two peaces ....a back peace.. an a point peace ... the foots front point peace was flat.... an ran straight off the back of the panel...
this gave much Less Vertical setup when on the floor.......but with the new stands....were the back bolt was built in to the stand.....this setup let you get the panel as Vertical as you wished...an made the front of the speakers line up with the stands front....some times it can all about the looks..........
I have had the stock stands.....an don't care for the way thay change the sound of the Stages....to me the speaker has always sounded it best...the way it was made at first.....to set of the floor....
Now with these new feet....I have got the sound I first heard....an new this small Apogee was a King.....an gave so much great sound with just about any amp!
An No one can say that about any other full range Apogee.....
PS........Yes these new feet are off my old Magnepan MG3as.....
I gess it ...just shows to go you......took over 20y ears to get back to the Stages... best sound ever....
Slow yes.....but as long as you get there.... is all that matters.............
Great Sound is worth the wate.....I gess that's why it took 5pr to get back...Nuts................................................................Justsaying

Last edited:
So it looks like the Big upgread to the tone .........Vary rigid supporting feet... from... front an back of the panel.....an added Weight of the feet.....so that now with these feet.....the canting back 5-8 degrees well help fill in the hight an resolution.......
Now I like the Art deco type no feet look... vary cool looking speaker......for sure... if your are into that type off thing.....
This one new foot mod
Makes the Stages Move much closer to the Sound of All....the good parts of other larger Apogees.....in bass...mid an topend....over all tone is move up......I say gain of 15-20%.....hell of a feet...for any speaker...........to bad most will never see a pr....less hear them.....Ribbons....the only other speaker that can stand up to the kings........ESLs

Attachments

• apogeestage[1].jpg
    apogeestage[1].jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.