Martin Logan Ascent i panel not working

So after a short phone conversation the problem is solved. Turns out the triac, bottom left of the transformer on the pcb was not activating. A long road to find that a $0.75 part was the problem, which is the reason I began this thread. I could have easily surrendered my $400 to Martin Logan.

Thank you Bolserst, and everyone else for all of your help! Hopefully this helps someone in the future.

For those wondering why the troubleshooting steps didn't originally point to the Triac, it was due to a miscommunication. Back in post#10 when I said to measure voltage across the capacitors, I meant what is shown in Figure 1B. This measurement would have pointed to the Triac as the problem. Unfortunately Justinlwtx thought I meant 2B, which would not distinguish between failed diodes/caps and failed Triac.

It didn't take us but a few minutes on the phone talking over the schematic to figure it out.
Note to self...a picture is still worth a 1000 words.

Attachments

• Ascent_HV_Test1.png
    Ascent_HV_Test1.png
    174 KB · Views: 269
  • Ascent_HV_Test2.png
    Ascent_HV_Test2.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 261
Joined 2004
Paid Member
For Ascent and Ascenti you need a 12dB/oct lowpass set at 280Hz.
But I don't have a recommendation except to point out that any low tech autosound junk will work fine down here in the bass as long as the PS is clean and doesn't thump turning on/off.
There are lots of pcbs, kits, and finished active xo's out there once you poke around.
I'm using an old Pyramid PR-3000 modified to 280Hz.