NAGRA's Jean Claude Schlup's Plasma Tweeter and Reverse Engineering from Photo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
NAGRA+PLASMA+TWEETER.jpg

Hello , this is the plasma tweeter which is in place of NAGRA's Research Development Department Manager. He is conducting the company for last 40 years.

This design has been taken at a factory tour and I was not the lucky guy.

How can we reverse engineer that plasma tweeter from picture , Is it possible to identify the engineering secrets and DIY at home.

What is the role of 6 input sockets ? How a genius tune it ?

Umut

Last edited:
there are at least two extensive threads on this type of tweeter here, suggest you might want to search first.

IF you build one, PLEASE put a grounded screen around it!!
It is both dangerous to touch AND it radiates RF Interference (RFI).
Also the frequency ranges it can run in are limited by international and your countries laws, rules and regulations.

FYI.

No magic - the one you show in the image is pretty simple...

Hello,
Want to build one pair with the same tube g-807.
Have a look on schematic, please :
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I drawed two capacitor with no value :
They are tank capacitors,one for power supply,and the other one for the screen grid.
At 35 MHz, are they necessary ?
On many schematics ,they miss.
But is it a good option?
I have enought 3300pf capacitors to add,but is it a good value ?
Thanks for reply.
Marc

NAGRA+PLASMA+TWEETER.jpg

Hello , this is the plasma tweeter which is in place of NAGRA's Research Development Department Manager. He is conducting the company for last 40 years.

This design has been taken at a factory tour and I was not the lucky guy.

How can we reverse engineer that plasma tweeter from picture , Is it possible to identify the engineering secrets and DIY at home.

What is the role of 6 input sockets ? How a genius tune it ?

Umut
I did it with the same tube:
Plasmatweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.