Summer Project - Replication of MBL loudspeaker 101mkII

David,
Nice to see you are still working on it, I haven't heard from you for awhile. I am curious why the sections between the top and the bass of the lower lamella's is so large, why so wide also? Seeing that I now understand the original concern you were asking me about with reflections and loading of the devices created by this chamber area around the units. Message me and I will tell you what I have been doing, at least as much as I can right now. I do like you cad work though, nice work for someone so new to doing that.

Semi Finished model

This model needs slight adjustments. It shows the Tweeter, midrange, and bass. The next model will be an octave up in terms of completion and render. I will be working on the next build. I will also continue to model the rest of the speaker.

Attachments

• 2014-12-17_220746.png
    2014-12-17_220746.png
    537 KB · Views: 687
Thank You Clash I appreciate the compliments. The new model is finished and is about 90% a perfect replica the rest is accurate with slight "artistic" liberties at the bottom. The actual speaker components are as an exact replica as I could do. I will think about moving this to another sub-forum. I dont really think there is a appropriate forum for this.

Completed model

The following attachment is a completed model of all components of the speaker 101mkii. I will not model the cabinet as it is unnecessary. The models drivers are all super accurate in dimension and are modeled as per MBL.

Attachments

• dwd.jpg
    dwd.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 582
Last edited:
Eye candy

I did some more renders and with a different color scheme hope yall enjoy. The next build should be started around the middle of next month.

Attachments

• fdfdfdf.jpg
    fdfdfdf.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 582
  • hjhj.jpg
    hjhj.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 554
  • uiuuui.jpg
    uiuuui.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 537
Last edited:
Top-plates Finalist

Thank you Steve I know we will.
The image shows the 5 top-plates to be tested. three materials and 3 geometries. Aluminum, nylon, Panzerholz. There are some nice visual changes that will be made when it comes to the motor should be a nice surprise.

Attachments

• 20150121_165215.jpg
    20150121_165215.jpg
    305.9 KB · Views: 605
Last edited:
The second layup is being done as the mold is only big enough for around 8 lamellas future lamellas will be made from a much bigger mold. The Ideal mold is one in which a pair of speakers can be made from. Since the shrinkage problem has been solved the lamellas are much more controlled in curvature and overall dimensions. The accuracy I am now getting from 8 so far is +-(.05mm)in terms of bent height before the range was something like .25mm

Last edited: