Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Acoustat Answer Man is here
Acoustat Answer Man is here
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th June 2019, 08:18 PM   #2191
jmrathbun is offline jmrathbun
diyAudio Member

Default 2+2 Continuing Problem

I was on this forum last year (I think) about my vintage Acoustat 2+2 speakers, which had a problem with one of the electrostatic transducer panels. It was suggested that this was a wiring problem. I couldn't fix the wiring myself, so I took it to the nearest service center (in another state -- I live near Asheville NC) and they were able to get it working for a while. Last month it broke down again, and it's the same darned panel! It's total fuzz while the other three panels on that side sound fine, as does the other speaker. Is it time to go for a replacement panel? Are there any available for a reasonable price? Alternatively, does anybody want to buy two speakers with a total of seven good panels? They're in decent shape appearance-wise and sound good to my ears.
Old 8th June 2019, 02:32 AM   #2192
Daudio1 is offline Daudio1  United States
diyAudio Member

Atom,

Wow !! Great work !! I'm jealous, but still happy with my 3300's in my small room

Please tell me when you get my old panels and integrate them into your huge system !!

Then you must tell all of us how they sound )

Cheers,
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom666 View Post
Finished these a couple of months ago. I thought they might be bass heavy but find they seem to work fine in my room, maybe because of the bass traps in all four corners. I just need to fix a rattling panel, soon to be taken care of, Thanks Dave!
Andrew

Acoustat Answer Man is hereHide this!Advertise here!