Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Vertical dispersion on planars. How much?
Vertical dispersion on planars. How much?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th October 2018, 11:38 AM   #51
WrineX is offline WrineX  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

nice to see the phase is going mental where all this is happening. it looked so promising up to 6 khz
Old 14th October 2018, 11:08 PM   #52
bolserst is offline bolserst  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrineX View Post
…You named a few reasons that influence the fr and Q i wonder about what does the width between magnets do?
If the % open area is held constant but the width between magnets is increased, the effective thickness of the mass of air moving in the slot will change due to the end effect, similar to end correct factors used when calculating port lengths for vented enclosures.
Quote:
…the cavity resonance is still visible. and it is allot higher up then what i get. any clue what that might be ?
I am not familiar with the Tympani 1D tweeter. Is it push-pull like yours? I would have to better understand the dimensions/spacings and weight of diaphragm and wires compared to yours before commenting on the HF differences you measured.

Vertical dispersion on planars. How much?Hide this!Advertise here!