My MBL 101E replicas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ingemar

bluecanary

Thanks!
It requires a lot of time and cash.MBL reports that aluminum does not give colorations.
I have no reason to disbelieve them.

Gentlemen
Please Evaluate my connection with midrange tweeter.
I think I could get close and equalize place to connect.
Please comment.

You can put a carpet on the magnets so it becomes less reflections from the speaker with a smoother frequency response.

Ingemar

Since you have a fixed upper mount on all of the big petals, and the voice coil pushes up against this “squeezing and contracting “ my question was if 1 petal had more tension than the others in the group, would it rock or cause distortion of the voice coil and if you tested each petal individually for tension or “squeeze” to see if they all had equal tension before gluing everything ?

Looks like it worked out well regardless.
BTW What is the crossover slope and frequency of the bandpass woofer to lower big petals ?
Very nice work !

Regards
David

I have searched the European patent office database + worldwide search at the same location and MBL Akusticgerate GmbH has no patents.... Link: espacenet — Quick Search

Hope to see more information on this speaker from user areczek. I want to build this speaker!

IF there is still no patents, then you can patent them and make them pay you the rights! :D

no Patents do exist though they are extremely hard to find but the files are there.

I believe you lost some points, or whatever they are called in English...hehe. Period?

"No. Patents do exist, though..."

Please Arek post also quality pictures of the finished prod...erhh, speakers :D
for us to show off with our friends: -"At our forum, we have a Polish mate that, believe it or not...etc".

Best wishes,
M.

Hello arek...
Thank you for posting your TT100 impedence graph.
Recently I performed some ODS measurement o on the my DYI TT100. what I figured out is that I made a wrong selection of the alluminum thickness. I used 0.5mm but needs to be changed to 0.3 - 0.2mm. Fem simulation perfectly match to mbl original. The now I started the new construction. Basically I could say that the big peak resonance it is due to the 3rd natural bending frequency.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.