Mundorf New AMT Line

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mundorf didnt drop the AMT ribbons line, instead they improved it and replaced all models.
AFAIK theres a replacement for the 2340/2440, named 2310 and a new 94mm diameter named 1908. They dont have the documentation online yet.

The improvements are more "extended but smoothened SPL curve and wider dispersion".

I'm definitely looking forward to hear some implementations of the above ribbons.

Where and How Much?

Maybe someone could do a Google search on AMT 320 b and see if any dealers show up who can sell singles and pairs. For that matter, I wonder if Mundorf sells diaphragms, so some of us could get into the tweeters, if you know what I mean:rolleyes:?
Can you find any rear views? It looks like this uses 2 magnets and 2 internal pole pieces.

I was very much interested in their range of AMTs, especially the larger ones but I have never managed to find out whether these are being sold or for OEM production only (and resale via other companies).
If somebody knows more about the current availability of AMT 2830, 2930 and 3140 in Europe or elsewhere, please let me know (Mundorf distributors are mostly dealing with crossover componentry or only have the small AMTs on offer as far as I can see on several websites).

Chris.

AMT 1908

Hans,

To clarify, the 1908 is not yet available, thus no one can tell except Mundorf him self.
I have the 2510, a superb iweeter with the lowest distorsion I have ever seen (heard), but I'm on the way to remove the back cover for use as a dipole, in the same way as I have succesfully realized with the AMT 1 several years ago.
I have received some recommendations from Mundorf how to proceed, but will loose the warranty.

Rgds
Gerd

I'm interested in the 1908 because of its flat frequency response.

I've long been an avid fan of the ADAM monitors (I bought the third set to be shipped into the country before they had distribution in the States) and before that, had ESS AMT 1-Bs. The new ADAM "X" line sound even better than the old ones, as you'd hope, and I'm interested in approaching or surpassing that performance with something like the Mundorf OEM drivers or the origina ETON (great specs, haven't heard it).

Thank you for posting your experience of that Mundorf driver. I am well aware that specs are very limited in terms of actually liking a component.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.