Anyone making Apogee bass panels?

For those interested in replacing bass ribbons with readymade ones I recently replaced a pair of 20 years old GRAZ Duetta sig bass ribbons with
Clarisys versions.They appear to be excellent quality,at least on a par with the GRAZ ribbons.The GRAZ ribbons were suffering from variable stretching in certain areas leading to the dreaded kazoo resonances.The Clarisys ribbons are performing excellently.I took the oportunity while
replacing the ribbons to impliment an idea I had about the edge damping.The edge damping supplied by Clarisys is felt which is about 50% wider
than original so the rebates have to be widened.I modified the felt by adding 1mm thick polyetheline foam underneath.On the slant clamp I made
the rebates a further 6mm wider than the tensioning clamp filling the gap with foam.I figured the asymetric damping might do a better job of suppressing resonances.

WOooow they got some nerves here a quote.

"Why settle with listening good sounding music if you can listen to the extraordinary sound of music.
Owners of these speakers have switched to the extraordinary
"Clarysis Audio Ribbon Loudspeakers"

Borrensen, Magnepan, Alsyvox, Evolution Acoustics, Apogee Acoustics, GT Audio, Bayz Audio and Focal. "

Au what a lame thing to do. and say Apogee.. they clearly copied. what a ******* basterds. (ribbon ? where, theres a tweeter the rest is clearly a planar magnetic) they hope people read it as there speakers are better then all of these. just by saying people had one and now use theres.. thats some lame method of promoting there product.
well i heard them once, to much bass and a tweeter that blow you ears out. there you go. besides that they act like the invented something while there speakers is almost a 1:1 copy of a Apogee.

there specs
  • Efficiency: 88dB with the neodymium option

So what about the non neo option ? they do not bother to mention,

Last edited:
Because we can build it for less than what they sell it for, our opinions tend to revolve around that.
I think their prices are extreme but then again a rich doctor with more money than brains
doesn’t care about what we already know so there’s another market ready to be filled

Can’t blame them really and they at least provide decent upgrades to older Apogees
if your so inclined so good for them in keeping this arena alive once again

Because we can build it for less than what they sell it for, our opinions tend to revolve around that.
I think their prices are extreme but then again a rich doctor with more money than brains
doesn’t care about what we already know so there’s another market ready to be filled

Can’t blame them really and they at least provide decent upgrades to older Apogees
if your so inclined so good for them in keeping this arena alive once again
yeah i know i just been salty :( since we know what such things cost. then again i do not like mentioning what they had before. thats in relevant ! and clearly a method to see ours are better, while hurting the others. while they copied a succesfull planar in my opinion with some changes