Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Planars & Exotics ESL's, planars, and alternative technologies

Anyone making Apogee bass panels ?
Anyone making Apogee bass panels ?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th November 2019, 07:23 PM   #161
AVWERK is offline AVWERK  United States
diyAudio Member

This is the mid section

Go slow and rock back and forth slightly as the exposed glue lines want to stick to the upper rod and a slight tug releases it
A note to be made as the panel did start to go out of alignment , and all you have to do is start pulling on that side and it will come back as you continue rolling.
You cannot tell in this photo as I had corrected it a few inches back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E6D15880-C09A-4122-B94C-841A33955402.jpg (1.03 MB, 84 views)

Last edited by AVWERK; 20th November 2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 20th November 2019, 08:29 PM   #162
diyAudio Member

So here I am in 6 feet , and the top section of the foil and alignment is still parallel to the rollers

It is quite easy as you go , to keep it in alignment by gently pulling as mentioned
No need to panic here !

In retrospect , 2 roller sections equally spaced would be better overall I believe and lessen hand alignment but still easily solved

I will be making the first panel over as this one turned out better. That Kapton crease on the back and some of the open trace edges were not as good as this one . Going slower and rocking bk and forth made for a better finished panel

So I hope you will give it a go !

7923EA20-0604-4A25-B764-885096CC8D32.jpg

893CC8A8-FB6E-4215-88A4-4AF08B5FE571.jpg

Regards
David
Old 20th November 2019, 10:13 PM   #163
WrineX is offline WrineX  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVWERK View Post
So here I am in 6 feet , and the top section of the foil and alignment is still parallel to the rollers

It is quite easy as you go , to keep it in alignment by gently pulling as mentioned
No need to panic here !

In retrospect , 2 roller sections equally spaced would be better overall I believe and lessen hand alignment but still easily solved

I will be making the first panel over as this one turned out better. That Kapton crease on the back and some of the open trace edges were not as good as this one . Going slower and rocking bk and forth made for a better finished panel

So I hope you will give it a go !

Attachment 796354

Attachment 796355

Regards
David

that looks really slick !!! nice work !!! im no fan of kapton
Old 21st November 2019, 08:54 PM   #164
artm is offline artm  United States
diyAudio Member

Agreed, great job! A couple thoughts:

1. add a couple more "support" wheels to keep the rod more firmly.

2. add a motor to do the work, with a foot pedal, so your hands can be on the panel guiding that.
Old 21st November 2019, 10:29 PM   #165
diyAudio Member

The motor idea is unnecessary as you need to rock the wheels in each groove as the valley is wider than the peak profile and this rocking makes sure you cover the area completely.
This gives the ripple better uniformity
You also have to be careful of each open glue area as it sticks inconsistently and requires some TLC as you go.

Regards
David

Anyone making Apogee bass panels ?Hide this!Advertise here!