Help with Raidho Planar tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a set of Eben X-Centric with a Raidho planar/ribbon tweeter. I have ripped the diaphragm on one of these badly. There is no remedy for this from the manufacturer except replacement of the entire tweeter. Overall size of the diaphragm is 2.25x 4.5 inches with a grid of 18 aluminum strips each about .070 in wide. My questions, anybody familiar with how something like this is made so possibly I can see if I can get a replacement built somewhere? I have read about a sputtering process for applying the aluminum over a substrate. Also saw a fusing process with aluminum powder. Or is something like this etched? Or, am I just screwed. $700.00 for a new tweeter is the reason for the inquiry.

Dear sir

Sad to hear your mishab. Here at Raidho we have a policy to supply a good warrenty. We repair within reson all falty driver . All is reguired is that cilient pays the shpping and handelingcosts.
please contact eben@eben.dk for arrangements.

Do not attempt to make membrane yourself. It's not possible the total thickness of the membrane is 11/1000 th of a millimeter.
and the weight less than o,o2 gram, not a diy item.

Michael Børresen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.