Wraith Electrostatic Subwoofer Eh...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Like audio specs everywhere, you have to read between the lines- what they don't say tells you more than what they do say. 10 Hz response from a 36 x 24" ESL? Sure, if you run it at very low volume, and put the test mic right up against the speaker.

The frequency response specs do not say what SPL is achievable at the low end.

If you have any ESLs, try this experiment- put your ear right up against the speaker and see how low the freq response goes. Now back up to a normal listening distance and see what happens to that low freq output.

There are no mysterious mysteries here.

Oh yeah, patents.... the web page doesn't have any numbers, but I'm guessing they involve the design- i.e. the appearance, of the speakers, not some special technology that allows them too reproduce very low freqs at high volume levels.

I_F

Hi,

typical fantasy-specs :rolleyes:

I tried to figure out if there is just one novelty in the Zimmermann patent. I didn´t find it, apart from the misleading word ´electrolytic´. Anyone more successfull?
Btw. The same is with a later ´Acoustaguard´ patent of Zimmermann.
This guy seems to write rather non-value patents with as many words and repititions as possible to fool the patent-office into granting him patents that he can use for marketing purposes.

jauu
Calvin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.