Anyone built Acoustat interface ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone built or is building an Acoustat interface?

I have a pair of panels without interfaces and would like to get them going. Finding out the actual required transformer specs would be great!

Many thanks in advance of any advice or leads
All the best
Steve

The only one worth considering is the two transformer 121 type.

I don't have my info handy, but the principle, and maybe the wind ratios are to be found in the original patent(s). Should be easy enough to find in a patent search.

One xfmr is high ratio, the other low. Iirc, the high ratio is the "bass" xfmr, and the low ratio is the HF xfmr. The circuit is simple.

You need xfmrs with good freq response especially for the HF version.
The "medallion" version, I have been told used better core material, maybe even permalloy, but I doubt that.

The response of the xfmrs overlaps by at least 3-4 octaves, fyi.

_-_-bear

Hi Bear and Moray,

Thanks for your kind advice.

So I should hang out for the 121 tranformer and not say the 143 transformer that is currently on ebay ? (#110127672311)http://cgi.ebay.com/ACOUSTAT-TTA-143-MEDALLION-141C-Transformers-NOS-PR_W0QQitemZ110127672311QQihZ001QQcategoryZ50597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was talking to a local toroidal manufacturer who can probably make me some copies with amorphous donuts if I can get my hands on one to copy

What would be your advice?

Many thanks
Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.