Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Micro ATX board for htpc, with lga 1151 support
Micro ATX board for htpc, with lga 1151 support
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th September 2021, 05:25 AM   #31
asuslover is offline asuslover  Romania
diyAudio Member

For the last 15 years I lived in USA, I built a lot of computers , mostly gaming and I like asus more than other motherboard company , my vote is based on quality, reliability and last is the price. Maybe I should mention that I never used a budget board , I never had an Asus motherboard to die on me , but it happened with MSI and Gigabyte .
Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM   #32
goodguys is offline goodguys  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stretchneck View Post
For audio you should consider Asus Gene series, or AS Rock Phantom - be reported on Audiophile style to be the best. You can also run Euphony, Moode of other hifi software on it which are great!

Thanks! What advantage will the asus gene and asrock phantom give in in supporting my asus stxII souncard.
Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM   #33
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

For linux (moode, euphony, etc) any low-power good-brand hardware will do perfectly, absolutely no reason to go for latest CPUs/RAM. Unless you want to upsample to DSD512 which I do not see any reason for.

Just avoid a ground loop which is the very key to clean playback. Many people swearing by a specific motherboard/CPU just try to minimize the damage caused by the ground loop in their chain.
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM   #34
Keegan is offline Keegan  Norway
diyAudio Member

Have you checked if you can get a 1151 MB at all?
Don't confuse it with 1151-2. For that board you've to use a cpu from 8th generation.

If you can find it, your cpu is probably fast enough. Not a powerpack exactly, but you haven't specified your usage. Nor the display. For 4k you have to use the DisplayPort for max Hz for instance.

I would go for a newer board and with a better iGPU, instead of buying a 1030 GT. The gpu-marked is still a bit crazy and the newest CPU's (with inbuild graphics) are just fine for HTPC use. Especially AMD, but also Intel from 11th gen (Xe better, but HD630 would also work).

Have you checked your PSU, since your previous mb failed?
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #35
asuslover is offline asuslover  Romania
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodguys View Post
Thanks! What advantage will the asus gene and asrock phantom give in in supporting my asus stxII souncard.
none.
  Reply to this post

Micro ATX board for htpc, with lga 1151 supportHide this!Advertise here!