power bank for usb dac,how manu hours of use

power bank for usb dac,how many hours of use

I can get 1x20000mah powerbank for under 20 euros, 1x30000mah for 25 euros

If i buy 2 i always have one i can charge, how long will they last with a Topping E30 or SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII before i need to charge it ?

Last edited:
In case anyone isn't aware of it, powerbanks use switching regulators to convert the battery voltage to 5v. I personally wouldn't use one for ultra hi-fi purposes if I had a choice. Also, the benefits of batteries are for things like avoiding ground loops and line noise problems. IME in almost all cases for audio, batteries aren't really necessary. There are other ways to avoid most problems that batteries would be intended to fix.

The quality of those switching regulators will vary wildly, depending on the chip and implementation and build quality. And those mAh ratings could be pure fiction, or not, depending on the vendor.
I'd rather use a 2S lithium pack followed by a linear regulator, or possibly a higher voltage battery with a switching regulator set to output 8V, then a linear regulator.
Or if I was a true believer in the magic of batteries, I might go with 4 NiMH or NiCd cells in series for a nominal 4.8V.