i2s capability of different sbc boards ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have a little project to build the smallest possible player to have something portable, but with the best quality possible. I have a dam1121 left from from a previous project that never materialized, i also want to include an headamp, a line driver and a small sbc with a mimimalistic setup (only mpd for a local collection).

I have what i want to build this and i found a nice case, the biggest question is what sbc to use. The best would be to find something very tiny with i2s out. Of course the best is also with low power arm core like a53 or a55 only.

Nano Pi offers such boards, all of there product have i2s out. NEO Core2 is the smallest with 40 x 40 mm. But the allwinner h5 cannot be sourced and is out of stock. There new NEO3 is a little bigger with a Rockchip RK3328. It could also fit my project, but what about the i2s capability ?

The raspberry pi have an i2s with good capability because it became some kind of standard and the community decide to increase it. But these kind of boards are kinda obscure so i won't be surprise if the i2s is limited to 16 bit 44.1 or 48 khz. I do have high res files in my collection (up to 24 192 and a few dsd).
Of course the alternative is to include an usb interface instead, i think it's doable in my build but i would prefer avoid it.

I don't find in internet anything that summarize the i2s capability of the differents popular socs. Maybe someone here would have some info ?

Thank you

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.