SuperPlayer - The DSP_Engine (CamillaDSP) samplerate switching & ESP32 remote control

Everything is working as expected, but i need tester's (brave one's)
Take a look... The hole camillagui is packed into .tcz...

I tried to get it all working, but must admit that I'm a bit - actually much mire than a bit ;-) - confused by all the (deprecated) repositories and instructions.

So far I have been able to get a 'working' camillagui. With CamillaDSP showing as offline though.

It's also not clear to me what to do with squeezelite. Or basically what I need to install: SuperPlayer, Gamechanger, CamillaDSP, ...?

Some instructions or guidance how to start with CamillaDSP with pCP and camillagui would be appreciated.

Using pCp 8.0 64bit on a pi 4B.

Hey...

I'am sorry that i had my Samplerate Changer / Gamechanger on "public" making things confused :confused:

As i wrote, my main goal first was to have the camillagui running, and it seems you allready are there. - Also on the pCP 64bit, which i did not try out.

I'am writing the guide up, for my SampleRate Changer/GameChanger - but i donno when i will be done.

Jesper.

It all started a "long" time ago ;-)... (Not in a far away galaxy through)
I've been using CamillaDSP for 1+year now, having had a lot of fun & pleasure with this DSP thing.

I did a loooong writeup of my SampleRate Changer GitHub - Lykkedk/SuperPlayer-v8.0.0---SamplerateChanger-v1.0.0

It should now be possible to use it, if my howto are good enough that is :eek:

I donno if it will work on piCorePlayer 64bit... Maybee someone would try ???

Jesper.

My main question is rather silly though: do I need to install CamillaDSP from their repo, or is it all included in the tcz files?

You howto's are definitely helpful. Very concise actually. And they helped me a lot. But what I missed (perhaps also because I didn't read all 33 pages of this thread) is an overview. Call it the basics. Your howto's focus on specific parts of the setup. But they didn't provide the 'bigger picture' for me. I think that's in part since you still seem to be on a journey too. So it's understandable.

I am willing to see if it works on pCp 64bit. I know my way around linux. But CamillaDSP is new to me. And so far I have no clue how to integrate it into pCp in such a way that Squeezelite's output is routed through cdsp.

My main question is rather silly though: do I need to install CamillaDSP from their repo, or is it all included in the tcz files?

Yes... it is ::

Code:
SuperPlayer-GameChanger.tcz
camilladsp-0.6.3.tcz
py3.8-six-1.16.0.tcz
py3.8-websocket-client-1.2.1.tcz
superplayer-alsa_cdsp-v8.0.0.tcz
superplayer-alsa_cdsp-v8.0.0.tcz.dep
superplayer-samplerate-v8.0.0.tcz
superplayer-samplerate-v8.0.0.tcz.dep

They are all included... The camilladsp is version 0.6.3, and i can easily update when time comes.

Yes you are right i mainly concentrate about the use of auto samplerate change.
But the way camilladsp & squeezelite are working as a unit for this is
sort of another story.

They can be played together different way's. The way it's used in my setup is this way ::

squeezelite --> piped to stdout ---> stdin @ camilladsp --> sound_out (hw0,0)

Jesper.

Last edited:
Hi bobcoup

You can also do this :
Code:
ps aux | grep camillagui

Then i got this output
Code:
tc@SuperPlayer:~$ ps aux | grep camillagui
 8292 root      0:00 {camillagui} /bin/sh /usr/local/bin/camillagui
 8293 tc        0:01 python3.8 /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/Camilla_Extensions/camillagui/main.py
 8344 tc        0:00 grep camillagui

This line
Code:
python3.8 /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/Camilla_Extensions/camillagui/main.py
tells that the camillagui is running the main.py located in the right location...

Jesper.

Hi here...

This thread is thank's to @TNT is also about the use of an remotecontroller (BLE / Bluetooth Low Energy)

I did have a lot of fun inventing this one.
If there are some interest, let me know.

A little "flashy" video of the use ;) SuperPlayer Remote Box - YouTube

Good weekend out there!

Jesper.

Attachments

• IMG_1395.jpg
    IMG_1395.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_1396.jpg
    IMG_1396.jpg
    807.6 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_1403.jpg
    IMG_1403.jpg
    702.3 KB · Views: 232
Hi Jesper!
I was tinking of how to get CamillaDSP running on my PiCorePlayer :)

Stig Erik
Ohh.... okay...

Try to follow my guide here : Link!

Depending on the DAC you use which is the playback device aka' "sound_out", try to adjust the "sound_out" format.
This can be tricky, as it's depending on the DAC hardware!

E.g. i use this for a little Chineese streamer i have
device: "sound_out"
format: S24LE3
devices:
samplerate: <<sample_rate>>
chunksize: <<chunk_size>>
queuelimit: 1
capture:
type: File
channels: 2
filename: "/dev/stdin"
format: S32LE
playback:
type: ALSA
channels: 2
device: "sound_out"
format: S32LE
There are a lot of options for output setting see here : Link!

SE_Format.png

Jesper.