I Need to Network

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

My question is: What is the best method to add networking capabilities to my non-networking DAC?

Current setup:

Internet -> Workstation USB port -> USB Cable -> USB Port of SMSL SU-8 DAC -> Receiver

I would like to eliminate the USB cable piece of the above setup and replace it with some sort of wireless solution. My first thought was that possibly some wireless USB solution exists. Does anyone have experience with such and what specific device would you recommend?

Is there a better method of adding networking capabilities than wireless USB? the unit also has optical and coaxial ports. If so, what would you recommend?

I am moving my office to another room and the new setup does not allow to run a USB cable from computer to where the DAC would be located. I also use my workstation as a CD player.

Thanks in advance.

Best

Alien

Second rPI. As it's own Internet receiver, its functionality can be controlled by your phone and PC. It'll play music on your phone / PC via Bluetooth, I believe, as well. Should be < $100 to do what you want. I see the above banner says "sale, raspberry Pi's"...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.