DACBerry AMP2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I saw the DSP control panel on that site and it looked like it had a TI logo in the upper left corner. I didnt see any mention of the DSP functions in the quick start guide. I'd be surprised if they could give away TI's DSP control GUI with each amplifier. I wonder if they have something for a customer to use they wrote themselves?

If they do, I'd be jealous, as I'm an owner of a HifiBerry AMP2. It also has DSP built into the amplifier, but AFAIK, there's no app running on the pi that connects to it. Which would be nice to have, say, as another tab on the web interface hosted by the pi.

Looks like this Dac Berry product has mine beat if the DSP UI actually works out.
In the mean time, I'll have to use the graphic eq in my PiCorePlayer and do the best I can.

I ordered the last week a Dacberry One+ for my RPI4 8Gb because it had Analog & Digital outs.
I've sucessfully installed albeit tweaking things on Picoreplayer. I could hear analog & digital on my Sony AVR but not at the same time with different profiles.
THe WM8804 works in slave mode so should be activated at the same time.
The day before yesterday I've let the PI overnight indexing my music.
Yesterday The card didn't work anymore.
I re-installed picoreplayer, tried Volumio (with direct support.. error opening ALSA device), Moode, Raspberry OS ... Tweeaked settings...Reboots .. SHH etc stuff... I could select the card but there was no sound. Yes the settings were the same used the days before.
The instruction pictures on their site for Volumio refer to another DAC...
The other scripts also don't work. I get only execution errors.
I am not familiar with Linux either. There are many distros & the commands & configuration files differ among them. I gave up.
There are 5 or 6 leds on the card. Mine light only the white supply leds. The orange led doesn't work anymore as the white play led.
Today I wrote about this on the OSA webpage, minutes later my review was deleted and I didn't even receive an "What's the problem" email from the Spanish guys.
Time for a HIFIberry or Sabre DAC.

Beginner's luck ??

Update.

Taday installed Raspian & the GPIO I2C testing toll. The board doesn't show up on the bus. I presume it is faulty.
Received email from Spain. I'm no expecting they send me a new one, but anyway I will send them the board for analysis / testing.

Finally I finished my Tabaq tl for the Markaduio cnh110 tomorrow I will also receive the DACBerry AMP² and I will start to do some rehearsals ..:D

Attachments

• 20201116_175647.jpg
    20201116_175647.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 227
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.