Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

smartphone + google + hardware
smartphone + google + hardware
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2020, 02:23 PM   #1
arivel is offline arivel  Italy
diyAudio Member

Default smartphone + google + hardware

hi everyone do you recommend?
I would like to make a small economic system for the bedroom, intended to listen to white noise, FM radio, clock radio to get up in the morning. all this using a mobile phone and a pair of audio speakers that I have to choose and buy.
I don't want to use cables connected between cellphone and audio speakers but wi-fi technology (no Bluetooth), plus I want to use my voice to control the cellphone (I thought of google home-assistant) which must send music to the speakers (I don't know what range in terms of meters the microphone of the mobile phone can have).
at the hardware level I know some microPCs, the most famous is the raspberry but there are many others and therefore it becomes difficult to choose, then in cascade it also takes the DAC + amplifier and the price rises.
Alternatively there is the audio chromecast which is however out of production, perhaps there are others.
I don't want cables hanging around the room so I put everything inside the audio speakers except the mobile phone of course, consequently I think it takes 2 microPC or 2 audioCAST.
I don't know if microPCs or audio casts are better.
in the case of microPCs at the software level I do not know how it can be done. I think it takes software that acts as a server installed on the microPC and another software that acts as a client installed on the mobile phone. the problem is to be able to make google home-assistant work with the client software on the mobile phone.
I don't want to use the data traffic of the mobile contract and I don't want the wi-fi of the home line. so I use many audio files stored on the cell phone and the FM radio of the same.
I don't know if it is better to choose the hardware first and then the software or vice versa.
I'm not a programmer so I would like to avoid complicating my life with endless attempts at script settings and installations that never go to the first try and things like that.
bye thank you .
Old 28th May 2020, 07:41 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

this comes very close but makes use of the raspberry
https://digitalcommons.calpoly.edu/c...&context=cpesp
Old 11th June 2020, 01:31 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I think the first step is to use a P2P direct wifi mobile phone
Old 14th June 2020, 11:48 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

second step. how should the hardware that receives the wifi signal be done so as not to sobb?
third step. is it possible to synchronize the two pairs of speakers with each other?
  Reply to this post

smartphone + google + hardwareHide this!Advertise here!