Raspberry pi 4 Khadas tone board streamer case ideas ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
been listening for about 4 days now and very impressed with the stability and sound quality :)
Had a look on ebay for a case for the pi and tone board but not seen anything i like
loads of stuff just for the pi but nothing you can fit the tone board into
I dont just want to chuck it into a ally box
i will be building a power supply internal or separate to the streamer and i have ordered a re wireable usb A plug so i can shorten the usb cable supplied by Khadas and leave the power un connected so it can run on a separate supply without removing anything on the tone board .
any ideas ?
20200522_095933 by glenn jarrett, on Flickr

I'm running the same setup.

I use an Allo Shanti (2*5V) to power the PI and the KTB separately.
IMO the best PS solution.

My KTB gets powered via its GPIO pins and not via USB!

Better keep the KTB in a separate box to avoid any
interference with the PI.

You shouldn't cut a USB cable. Just buy a shorter one.
You simply can't control if a DIY version is properly working afterwards.

Good luck.

Enjoy.

For rather complicated shapes (e.g. https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/equ...nsation-measurement-setup-38.html#post6187405 ) a combination of narrow and wide tape saves time.

Officially there are tapes with conducting and non-conducting adhesive. Those from ebay never specify that but if the tape is well nail-pressed against the underlaying copper it has good contact. Better to keep the overlaid areas larger, the tape is cheap.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.