Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.
CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #2491
Henris is online now Henris  Finland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henris View Post
I think this is all Xonar U7 MKII. The output levels from the analog connectors are just so low. Unfortunately I did not understand the meaning of this when reading Amir's review: Review and Measurements of Asus Xonar U7 MKII ADC/DAC/HP | Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum

And the digital output is limited to stereo only. But it is providing the full levels. Don't understand why this card has been recommended to this kind of usage at all.
I think I solved the mystery of Xonar U7 MKII low output levels. Last night I realised where I had seen ~10dB values related Xonar. It was in the Sonar Studio application installed by the Asus driver. It has a built-in EQ which of course I had disabled as well as all the other "features". But the EQ has a scale of -12dB to +12dB 0dB being the default. So how can they boost +12dB without clipping taking place? Perhaps by first attenuating the level by 12dB...

So I needed a way to get rid of the Sonar Studio while maintaining the driver part. Fortunately found this driver extraction method and was able to install just the audio driver.

And the levels were restored! I did have to first run the speaker configurator to have all the speakers full bandwidth but that was it. I had gained 12dB.

Somehow the whole sound was different, better, clearer but it could be just my imagination. I know for sure the Sonar Studio crap was previously in the pipeline doing stuff even though everything should have been disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenrikEnquist View Post
@Henris, this looks like an issue I had while faced in some early versions of the wasapi backend. I thought I had solved it, but maybe not completely then.
Which version was this, 0.6.3? If you haven't tried the latest 1.0.0 preview, can you do that?
Yes, the version is 0.6.3. I will try this on 1.0.0 preview. Do note that running CamillaDSP with High priority solved the issue for me. But I can definitely test it out with 1.0.0 Preview and Normal priority and report back here.
Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM   #2492
phofman is offline phofman  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

USB active XO alternatives? :-)
Old Today, 10:52 AM   #2493
HenrikEnquist is offline HenrikEnquist  Sweden
diyAudio Member

I can reliably trigger a state with stuttering sound if I disturb camilladsp by clicking around in ProcessExplorer. It doesn't recover, just keeps stuttering until I kill it. I'm looking into how to detect this state and then recover from it

CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.Hide this!Advertise here!