Go Back   Home > Forums > >

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.
CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 07:14 AM   #2391
ElliottDesigns is offline ElliottDesigns
diyAudio Member

Oh ok, I see. Even usb only, this side part of the project (automated script), sounds like a great part to the project. I can't wait!
Old Yesterday, 08:16 AM   #2392
HenrikEnquist is offline HenrikEnquist  Sweden
diyAudio Member

The script won't handle the dac config. What I meant is that you start from a RPi OS installation that already has working audio. Doesn't matter if it's using a hat or a usb dac. The problem is exactly what phofman mentioned, there are far too many possible combinations.
Old Yesterday, 09:36 AM   #2393
ElliottDesigns is offline ElliottDesigns
diyAudio Member

Damnit, it's the audio pipeline that I can never figure out. That's a shame
Old Yesterday, 09:46 AM   #2394
diyAudio Member

Hmm what pipeline do you mean?
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #2395
emailtim is offline emailtim  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Benchmarking

HenrikEnquist,

Can you recommend a preferred way to benchmark the various optimized builds ?

I would like to see if there are any differences and if so, by how much.

Using strip, my resulting speed optimized binary is now 1/3rd the size of the default build.

I have a ramdisk setup in tmpfs that is getting @ 3.4GB/s speeds that could house sample input files as well as launching camillaDSP from alsa_cdsp along with the config files.

Would something like the following be suitable or a pipe-lined input file ?

Code:
time aplay -D camilladsp sample.flac
I would prefer getting a player out of benchmark if possible. Any suggestions are greatly welcomed (including a perf monitor).

Thanks much.
Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM   #2396
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailtim View Post
Can you recommend a preferred way to benchmark the various optimized builds ?
I would start by preparing a test audiofile in a raw format, i32 for example. Put that in the ramdisk, and make a camilladsp config that uses File input to read the test file. For output, you can also use File, and put /dev/null. Add a mix of different filters and mixers in the pipeline to give Camilla some work to do.

Then just run "time camilladsp testconfig.yml". This will include setting up the pipeline and all filters, so make the testfile large enough that it takes a couple of seconds to process it.

I'm very curious to know what results you get. I have only been benchmarking individual components, not the whole thing like this. There are some benchmarks in the camilladsp repo you can run with "cargo bench".

CamillaDSP - Cross-platform IIR and FIR engine for crossovers, room correction etc.Hide this!Advertise here!