SqueezeCore: a minimal audio OS running Squeezelite

I have SqueezeCore Proxmox VM, I passtrough the onboard sound card to the SqueezeCore but no sound output.

Code:
Output=hw:CARD=SB,DEV=0 #1st line: output device

aplay -L

--

I have HDA ATI SB, no problem with Volumio VM.

Code:
hw:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC889 Analog
    Direct hardware device without any conversions

Any ideas?

Hi

Really nice work, I had a bunch of HP thinclients lying around and could now easily massproduce players, might even be that I skip Sonos. I have some problems though

1 After using dd to get image into clienst flashdrive and after first boot it all works out well, but after reboot player starts and gets registrerd in server but no audio output. Tried toggeling mute / unmute and volume of master, front, pcm unit

2 Volume control of master volume is also reset to 55% after each reboot I've tried amixer sset Master 100%
and the alsactls store but on reboot it gets back to 55%

Also I would prefer if possible to sniff machines mac adress and open a question for players name now i enter dis as option -n -m which will work good enough, but good to have som auto detected mac.

Hi Thanks for your reply, mac adress as option -m works as it supposed to, I allways set hw mac adress in my pkayers to keep track of them I have 20 players based on Hp thin clients. But I really try to get control over master volume, in my Sonos systems they are called volume limit. But here i can't persist the value I set. Filetool -b have no effwct even i I but in rhe command amixee sset Master 100% in bootlocal.sh and can execute that file to set volume. But ever sstartup i back to default 55%.

Once agaun thanks for a good job, I did tried to decompress Nd make changes but fail on building working img file.

Hi, I cannot see the pic attached.

I'll share my config file to be more clear:

Code:
Output=hw:CARD=UD501,DEV=0
PlayerName=SqueezeCore
ModelName=SqueezeCore
Server=172.16.2.90
AlsaParams=40:4::0
Buffer=4096:3072
Priority=45
AdditionalOptions=-m d5:47:1a:d4:45:42

Then in lms web interface settings, under player tab, set fixed volume 100%

Hello again

I tried this but no success, and I would really prefer to have volume adjustment in LMS so I could adjust volume with my telephones volume buttons. I made a simple .sh file to be added into init.d but for some reason my iso file created inside ubuntu terminal won't make it bootable. I'm just using built in onboard soundcard.

This is my squeeze.conf
Output=hw:CARD=VT82xx,DEV=0
PlayerName=SqueezeCore
ModelName=SqueezeCore
Server=xxx.xxx.x.xx
AlsaParams=40:4::0
Buffer=4096:3072
Priority=45
AdditionalOptions=-n Hallen -m 78:E7:D1:B3:4D:DF

Awsome

Hi this is a really good featur, I now running it without problems. But looking for anew setup where I would like to pxe boot alla my thinclients to and the start squeezelite on each and every client.

Pxe boot allready up and running. Tinycore 11 with ssh server. All my persitance is in a NFS share, but I can't figure out how to get Squeelite in there. I have downloaded sourcecode but fails in compiling ./configure couldn't be found. Maybe your extensions is to be found in tce or maybe it's abaout time it happends.

Hi this is a really good featur, I now running it without problems. But looking for anew setup where I would like to pxe boot alla my thinclients to and the start squeezelite on each and every client.

Pxe boot allready up and running. Tinycore 11 with ssh server. All my persitance is in a NFS share, but I can't figure out how to get Squeelite in there. I have downloaded sourcecode but fails in compiling ./configure couldn't be found. Maybe your extensions is to be found in tce or maybe it's abaout time it happends.

SqueezeCore is not simply TinyCore + Squeezelite. Many tweaks are done at boot by a software I wrote in C and which is included in SqueezeCore, this is closed source with propietary license, hence it is not available as a tce extension or as a source code to compile and include in any TinyCore installation (it won't work).

Hi thanks for your reply, I will focus on setting up squeezelite instead. It works pretty well with Squeezelite 1.9 x i will just need to figure out how to autostart and then have diffrent names depending on ip adress to boot several amchines fromsame tftp boot and nfs persitance.