Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Need Help with fixing KRK ROKIT 5 G3
Need Help with fixing KRK ROKIT 5 G3
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2019, 10:20 PM   #1
csom is offline csom
diyAudio Member

Unhappy Need Help with fixing KRK ROKIT 5 G3

Hi all,

My reference monitor KRK ROKIT 5 G3 died just after the expiration of the warranty and there is no service center in my country. Some suggested that it might be a real costly repair and it's better to buy a new pair of some other brand. It was already a huge investment for my future avocation and I am unable to buy another pair in near future or may be never. I tried to google for the schematic or manual but none really helped. Initially I was able to fix it by googling but the problem was back after some days and now it is unusable.

My questions are the following:

1. Is the power amplifier based on TDA7296? ( I cannot identify the chip by physical inspection due to my poor eyesight)

2. Could anyone please guide me on how to (a) by-pass the limiter circuit and (b) that mute mechanism?

3. Is there a good ready to build 2 way Linkwitz-Riley crossover circuit with PCB layout on our forum ? ( I wish to use that incase I cannot fix the original board of Rokit)

3. Is it possible to obtain a service manual ?

4. If anyone has some earlier servicing experience of these monitor, kindly guide me.

Any help is precious for me.
Kindest regards.
Old 23rd October 2019, 07:18 PM   #2
Gonecat is offline Gonecat
diyAudio Member

My Rokit 8 V2 just died for no explicable reason. I cleaned off the black goo, replaced some resistors that were just 'hanging' on, and the big PS caps. It's a little better (the cone isn't jumping out on start-up), but still not working.

I hope someone can come along with some real advice!

Need Help with fixing KRK ROKIT 5 G3Hide this!Advertise here!