Touch-screen, on-desk mini ITX NAS + media player all-in-one for Volumio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm looking for an all-in-one solution for my parents to handle digital content - the goal is simple.

There're some good media players out there, for ARM and x86 platforms, but most of them seem to be standalone players, configurable via a GUI when connecting onto their own wifi first...

Do you know an all-in-one solution ? Player + NAS + display + DAC, all built into 1 nice beautiful case. What I would imagine for them to use is a Volumio (or similar) based touchscreen device, with NAS functions (at least 2 disks), mini ITX capability (for good expansion and plenty of lag-free power if I want), touchscreen as a control panel and DAC + RCA/XLR outputs built-in.

I can imagine something looking like the Pipo X8S but instead of a crappy Android, with a good ITX motherboard (there're options ranging from Intel Atom Thin-ITX builds up to normal mini-ITX motherboards with Core i9 CPU, if cooling is adequate).

pipo_x8s_tv_box_3_3.jpg

This device would give them the feeling of a classic CD player, like standing up from the sofa, walking to the hifi, pressing some buttons and the music fills the room. And on lazy days they still have the possibility to control the running Volumio instance from their phones.

Has anybody seen such a device online, anywhere ?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.