Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

PC Based Computer music servers, crossovers, and equalization

Touch-screen, on-desk mini ITX NAS + media player all-in-one for Volumio
Touch-screen, on-desk mini ITX NAS + media player all-in-one for Volumio
Touch-screen, on-desk mini ITX NAS + media player all-in-one for Volumio Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 20th September 2019, 10:59 PM   #1
Vortex is offline Vortex  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Vortex Touch-screen, on-desk mini ITX NAS + media player all-in-one for Volumio
Default Touch-screen, on-desk mini ITX NAS + media player all-in-one for Volumio

Hi all,

I'm looking for an all-in-one solution for my parents to handle digital content - the goal is simple.

There're some good media players out there, for ARM and x86 platforms, but most of them seem to be standalone players, configurable via a GUI when connecting onto their own wifi first...

Do you know an all-in-one solution ? Player + NAS + display + DAC, all built into 1 nice beautiful case. What I would imagine for them to use is a Volumio (or similar) based touchscreen device, with NAS functions (at least 2 disks), mini ITX capability (for good expansion and plenty of lag-free power if I want), touchscreen as a control panel and DAC + RCA/XLR outputs built-in.

I can imagine something looking like the Pipo X8S but instead of a crappy Android, with a good ITX motherboard (there're options ranging from Intel Atom Thin-ITX builds up to normal mini-ITX motherboards with Core i9 CPU, if cooling is adequate).

Click the image to open in full size.

This device would give them the feeling of a classic CD player, like standing up from the sofa, walking to the hifi, pressing some buttons and the music fills the room. And on lazy days they still have the possibility to control the running Volumio instance from their phones.

Has anybody seen such a device online, anywhere ?

Last edited by Vortex; 20th September 2019 at 11:02 PM.
Old 20th September 2019, 11:12 PM   #2
Vortex is offline Vortex  Hungary
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to Vortex Touch-screen, on-desk mini ITX NAS + media player all-in-one for Volumio
Or maybe this one here - sounds weird first, but why not. However, 2x HDDs aren't supported, separate NAS would be needed..

Touch-screen, on-desk mini ITX NAS + media player all-in-one for VolumioHide this!Advertise here!