1.3V DC offset on computer audio output causing severe distortion at low volume

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After further inspection of the motherboard and audio jack, i have concluded that the issue was not caused by any electrically damaged component on the motherboard.

The distortion was caused by physical damage to the audio jack, preventing proper connection between the ground pin and the connector. The solution is to replace the audio connector on the motherboard with a new one.

I was partially wrong here. The physical damage did contribute to the distortion, however after doing more audio tests i found that it was not the only problem. I did manage to get the connector working properly and all jack contacts were fine but something was still causing distortion and the microphone wasnt working when it was set to headset mode with an earphone connected.

I have stopped looking for a fix to this motherboard issue as i have another alternative.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.