My Raspberry Pi build sure came in handy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've built 3 RPi based endpoints about a year back for my Audirvana Mac. But that mac crashed last week and is in the shop. So now I'm using one of the RPis as a desktop computer to replace the iMac. I can always reinstall Volumio on it as an endpoint.

As a desktop browser it isn't bad. It's a tad slower than my iMac was (i5 quad core at 3.3) but not nearly as slow as anything else I happen to own, in particular the old iMac that the new one replaced. But certainly usable. That old iMac didn't support any current browser so a lot of websites would not render.

I have the iMac back now and realize how much better this is than any other computer I've ever owned, including the latest Macbook pro that I had from work before I retired last month. This computer is already 4 years old and runs circles around everything. It is also 27" 5K and while there are certainly bigger monitors out there this one has them beat to my eyes with its resolution.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.