RPi with Allo Boss DAC: UPNP-based multiroom possible?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am using Minimserver on a Synology NAS, have three Raspberry Pi (with Allo Boss DAC) connected to separate amps acting as UPNP renderers (with Moode Audio and UPNP plugin) and BubbleUPNP as control point on my Android phone. Works like a charm.

However, it is important for me to implement synchronized multiroom, that is the same music at the same time in three rooms. If possible, with an open source system on my Raspberrys.

1) I could do this with squeezebox, however, I definitely want to stick to minimserver because of the great tag browsing for classical music.

2) I could do this with Google Chromecast Audio, however, I am not happy with the audio quality, it doesn't support real gapless, and Google announced end-of-life of the CCA.

My question: Is there an open source UPNP-based solution for synchronised multiroom? I read something about OpenHome, OpenMedia, OpenPlayer a.s.o. but the documentation is almost non-existent and the downloads partly outdated.

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated, I am really stuck!

I tried getting Snapcast to run with Volumio. I never could make it work properly as it isn't a fully supported plugin. You need to fuss with downloads, Linux commands, settings, etc... When I finally did get it to work to some degree I found that it limited the resolution to 16/44.1. I could get that by using iTunes with Airplay to multiple rooms at once without fussing with anything.

Someday either Volumio or Audirvana will support full res multiroom sync.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.