LMS 7.9.2 on FreeNAS 11.2 in iocage jail

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I will test the installation script in the next few days in a new jail.

I tried to install freenas in a VM to do proper testing.
FreeBSD 13 working
FreeBSD 12 working
FreeBSD 11 (and so FreeNAS) not working, error: DBI.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched

Now I can try to recompile LMS on FreeBSD 11 hoping that it will work on 12 and 13 too. This would have been more simple if the freenas guys update their O.s. but that's what we have :D

UPDATE:

Ok, compiled everything for freebsd11/freenas and now everything is working, but unfortunately not on freebsd>=12.
So, for a temporary solution I have prepared two separated script (I updated the guide --> Logitech Media Server and FreeBSD – AudioDigitale).

Once I get some feedback I will start to rewrite the installation script making it more userfriendly (auto detecting what version of os is running, option to uninstall and so on)
Thanks

Last edited:
I will test in the next couple of days. Sorry for the delay.

I am surprised not one person has responded. Having a network music server with NO extra hardware, always on, fully controllable by an app, and with such features is amazingly good, PLUS it is completely FREE on FreeNAS.

There's no hurry!
Please test the software at "Package built by me (beta)" in the guide. While I was waiting I have fixed some bugs, now you should be able to
1) Install LMS
2) Uninstall LMs
3) Update your current installation of LMS, when I'll publish a new build you can run lms_installer, it will check for any updates and, if available, it will update the current installation of LMS.

Thanks again,
Simone

Hi Simofil,
I created a new jail, with standard settings using DHCP,
started the jail,
opened a shell in the jail at root,
ran the individual lines of the script,
everything seemed to install correctly,
and Fing showed the jail with IP address 192.168.0.59.

I opened a web page, typed in the IP address both with and without :9090 and the page was refused connection.

Hi Simofil,
I created a new jail, with standard settings using DHCP,
started the jail,
opened a shell in the jail at root,
ran the individual lines of the script,
everything seemed to install correctly,
and Fing showed the jail with IP address 192.168.0.59.

I opened a web page, typed in the IP address both with and without :9090 and the page was refused connection.

I've just tried with FreeNAS in a VM and it's working. I don't know if it's a typing error or what but LMS port to reach the webgui is 9000 not 9090. Maybe this is the cause of the refuse connection!
Let me know!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.